Inspiration and love of all things that are true to my heart.

Friday, January 6, 2012

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Okay, so as most of you know, I love beauty products, I can't get enough of them! Makeup, hair, bath and body, face, you name it, either I have it or have read reviews on it!  I am always checking ingredients labels and I am always on the hunt to find the best good-for-you products. I really love products that are natural or organic, meaning they have no harmful chemicals.  Most of the products on this list do not contain parabens, petrolatum, sodium lauryl sulfate or phthalates! I try to find cruelty free products as well, so that our furry friends do not suffer! Yay! Which leads to me write the obvious, here are some beauty staples I absolutely adore!

The first item to get a gold star in the Bath and Body category is J.R.Watkins Natural Apothecary Hand and Body Lotion in Lemon Cream. Why do I love this? The scent is amazing and of course it contains none of the yucky stuff! I slather this stuff all over my legs and arms and I am reminded of lemon meringue pie whenever I put it on! It makes my skin so soft!!!

Another JRW favorite of mine is the Sugar Shea Body Scrub. I use this in the shower once a week to slough off dead, dry skin. It smells like a vanilla cupcake. It has sugar and shea and leaves my skin shiny, supple and polished. 

The second in the B and B category is J.R. Watkins Hand Soap in Lavender and Lemon.  These both smell so natural and they are not fake smelling or too overpowering like some other soaps! It doesn't dry my hands out and it doesn't have the lather that most soaps do (remember no SLS), but still works just as hard to clean those dirty hands!  Definitely a must have for everyone!


Next is Tree Hut Coconut Lime Butter. I got this as a Christmas gift and I fell in love with it! The scent takes me back to Maui whenever I open the lid. The butter is formulated with shea and cocoa butter and its so rich and creamy. My skin smells so good whenever I use it.

In the Face category, I love Origins VitaZing Tinted Moisturizer with Mangosteen. Normally, I have never been a fan of tinted moisturizers. They never stay on, they don't provide enough color, uneven coverage, etc. However, I started You Tubing reviews on this stuff and I have to agree with everyone else, this product is truly awesome! What makes it so different and unique is that it has these tiny, little microbeads that break when you put it on your skin. It comes out of the tube as a white lotion and then instantly gives your face a smooth, even, glow. Its great when you don't want to wear heavy foundation. I love that my face looks sun kissed with just enough color!!!!

Origin's Modern Friction Dermabrasion is a great exfoliator for the face! Formulated with rice and lemon peel, this is the only exfoliator that does not make my skin feel like the Mojave Desert! I love the fact that I do not break out from the scrubbing either!! It does not have the traditional sugar or salt that some scrubs have which can cause irritation. I use it at least once a week and my face looks and feels polished. My makeup also adheres better. So, remember to get rid of that dead skin girls! Your skin has to rejuvenate new layers and it cant if you aren't exfoliating!

Yes To Carrots is a great, natural, affordable line of products.  I use the face wash and face cream. The face wash is creamy and doesn't dry out my skin. A little goes a long way! The face cream is very rich and packed with vitamins. I use the Blueberry Night Cream as well.



Moving onto my favorite, makeup! Tarte makes natural, fun, and versatile makeup.  The first product of theirs that I love is the Amazonian Clay blush in Amused. The blush has great staying power and I love the pinky, flushed look that it gives me. I also love the Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara with the Multipleye Lash Primer. I bought the full size mascara with the bonus primer in a set for $10 at Sephora. I think this is limited edition for Holiday 2011, but I'm not sure. The mascara is normally $19 alone. My lashes awaken before my eyes and it makes them look so rich and full. It gives that doe-eyed look, like Bambi!



Last but not least, is the creme de la creme of all cosmetics, of course its no other than MAC! I am a MAC fanatic, in case you don't know. Most of my makeup is 90% MAC and I will tell you uh, em, please excuse me, but it does have bad stuff in it! Yeah, I know, its got chemicals in it, but its the one brand I wont give up. However, it is a cruelty free brand! If this makeup did not live up to its reputation, I would've pitched it a long time ago, but it truly is the makeup of all makeup pros! They have the best shadow pigments in the world! And I'm always so drawn to their makeup campaigns whether it be Verminous Villains, Hello Kitty, Viva Glam Gaga, etc, I am a sucker! And I am sucker for their beautiful, rich spectrum of rainbow colors.


I am so in love with the MAC Pentultimate liquid liner in Rapidblack. I am always actively searching for the finest, most precise, thinnest drawing pen liner in the world! This does the trick, no way! This is precision, baby! It allows me to do a winged tip line or a straight one.



My go to lipstick and gloss by MAC is Hue lipstick and Nice Buzz Lustreglass. Hue is the perfect pink nudey color. It does not make me look dead, and is great with a smokey eye. Nice Buzz is great over Hue or worn alone. Its not sticky and is a perfect nude slightly goldish color. It gives my lips the perfect shine, but not greasy, like I just brushed olive oil all over my mouth look.

Lets talk about perfume now. My signature juice have always been fruity, citrusy scents, which leads me to telling you about Origins Ginger Essence perfume. My sister-in-law Tammy, turned me onto this one.  Its a rollerball, so its very convenient for travelling.  It has ginger, grapefruit and citrus notes such as lemon, lime and orange. It smells so fresh and clean. The only downfall is it does not have staying power. Maybe because it does not have the overabundance of alcohol and chemicals in it? I don't care! I still love it and it opens my senses!

I hope you try my recommendations. Let me know if you agree or disagree!

Here are the links to all this great stuff:

Origins
J.R. Watkins
Tree Hut
MAC
Tarte Cosmetics
Yes To Carrots

1 comment:

  1. I should come to you to get a beauty product make-over. I definitely love Mineral makeup...but the rest I will definitely need to see what you think. I seriously think you should become an licensed to do skin stuff.

    ReplyDelete