Inspiration and love of all things that are true to my heart.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Doggone Good!

I am so excited that I get to write my Mom's first blog! So, if any of you have furkids, be sure to read this one! As the beloved furbaby of my Mom and Dad, my Mom always ensures I have the best, high quality, nutritious food provided to me.  Heck, I even get Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar put in my water, my Mom will blog about that later. Anyway, I am going to tell you about my delicious food called Orijen. I just love it so much!

As you know nowadays, it is difficult to know which brands are high quality. The big name pet food companies are always telling us that their brand has the best ingredients or their's will give your pet a longer life. Well, my Mom loves me so much that she has done alot of research on these big brand pet food companies and the results are not so good.

First and foremost, start reading your ingredients labels Moms and Dads! You want to make sure you know what meat content is in your dog's food!  Some bad stuff you don't want in your pal's food are by-products. My Mom read that by-products can be any euthanized animal such as a seagull, or God Forbid, even a dog or cat. By-products are cheap fillers for pet food companies and this is why they put them in there.

Another ingredient to stear clear from is rice and corn. My body was not designed to process grain! Again, another cheap filler! I am a meat eater!

My Mom was so disgusted by what she read, she decided to research a food that is nutritious and high quality for me! She found Orijen.  It is 80% meat and 20% fruit, veggies and minerals. You want to make sure your pal is eating mostly meat, cause after all, we are wolf descendants and hello, we are carnivores! Orijen does not use hormones and antibiotics in their free range meat! And all the humans out there know how harmful these things can be to humans as well!  Although, my Mom has not been able to confirm if pesticides are used in the fruits and veggies in my food. My food consists of wild caught whitefish, salmon, free range boar, bison, pork and poultry and no by-products!

My Mom and Dad call me Mr. Fish Breath, but I dont care, I love my food and I know they do too!
So, Moms and Dads, I hope you give your furkids nutritious food if you are able to. My Mom is not judging anyone that cant, so please don't get offended.

Orijen is made in Alberta, Canada. You can find it at Chap's in Livonia. You wont find it at retail pet stores. You can also go to the Orijen website. My Mom pays about $60 for a 30lb bag at Chap's. She buys the Adult in the Poultry, Fish and Whole egg formula.

Love, Happiness and Lots of Treats,
Ringo Starr
Ruff xox

About my Food

Research and useful info about dog food



No comments:

Post a Comment